Saturday, March 04, 2006

Irritating Artsmessage


Have you seen this irritating little message popup when you login to your KDE session?

I have dealt with it for a month now because I had more pressing matters to deal with (mainly work), but have now become so sick of seeing this and missing the ability to use amarok that I have had to deal with it.

For those of you, like me, who have scoured google and found nothing to help, try removing the file at:

~/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc

I had inadvertently messed up my Arts settings which resulted in the Artsmessage dialog above containing "Error while initializing the sound driver: device: default can't be opened for capture (Invalid argument)". This fixed it, so I figured someone else may benefit from my experience.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home