Sunday, December 25, 2005

Another Christmas

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. Another startup company has come and gone as well. By now I know better than ever about the importance of non-technical aspects of a startup company. It seems too often we make the technical pieces come together but nobody comes to the party because the marketing just doesn't happen. I have finally learned this year that; if you build it, they don't always come, at least not without marketing and sales.

I can build the greatest software the world has ever seen, but without marketing it is the greatest software the world will never see. So, as a reminder to myself, for your next startup company -- get the marketing and sales plan setup properly and early on.

For now I'll continue consulting. If you know of a company that needs a well-experienced software engineer, drop me a line. My skills are wide-ranging, however I focus lately on:


  • Web and Internet development

  • LAMP - (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl)

  • FLOSS - Free/Libre and Open Source Software

  • Web 2.0 - (AJAX, Javascript)

  • Engineering, Analysis and Integration



Resume, references and full contact info is available upon request.

I hope you are having a good holiday and best wishes for the new year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home